Happy Hour

"IF A LIFETIME CAN BE LIKENED TO A DAY, THEN THIS IS HAPPY HOUR!"
BUCK PENNINGTON

Mother, Mother Ocean

Mother, Mother Ocean, I've heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall
You've seen it all, you've seen it all
Watched the men who rode you, switch from sails to steam
In your belly you hold the treasures, few have ever seen
Most of 'em dream, most of 'em dream
Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred year's too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

Yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
―Yoda, to Luke Skywalker

Counted the Stars

Counted the stars on the 4th of July
Wishing we were rockets bursting in the sky
Talking about redemption and leaving things behind
I have these pictures and I keep these photographs
To remind me of a time
These pictures and these photographs
Let me know I'm doin' fine
We used to be so happy once upon a time
Once upon a time
But the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line
And the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line


""SOME SEE A GLASS AS HALF FULL, SOME SEE IT AS HALF EMPTY, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO’S DRINKING MY RUM."
Rumbear

Friday, November 26, 2010

General Motors: Comeback. I suggest Boycott over the sell out



The latest and greatest. Teach them a lesson. Do Not Buy from GM. Not any more.

2 comments:

Buck said...

BZZZT! WRONG. Just simply freakin' wrong. You'd boycott thousands of your fellow Americans making an honest living? Wish them unemployment? Foreclosure? Coal in their stockings? For what? Some sort of theological, lemming-like belief in "principle?" I have issues with both the former GM corporate management and the UAW, you can be sure of that. But I support the tens of thousands of men and women who show up on the line every day, the engineers who design some of the BEST cars on the road today (see: Corvette, ANY flavor of Cadillac, and Chevy/GMC trucks), and even obnoxious salesmen in the thousands of dealerships across the country. It's not like they're pimps, drug dealers or frickin' democrats (although some might be the latter).

Wrong.

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

Principle in a way.
But having been in another overly union dominated environment I don't have much sympathy.
I got it in Wichita as a direct result of the three stooges who are basically owned by unions. Corporate Aircraft suddenly became evil.
Bail out? Not hardly.
GM and Chrysler should have gone through the agony of bankruptcy and reorganization. It may have been better in the long run.
And I am satisfied with the second hand Nissan Titan that I purchased almost three months ago.

I will not go down and tell my children I didn't have the courage, the conviction, the commitment or the character to fight for this country...Don't go home and let your children down~~ LTC Allen West

Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

‎"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.("Therefore, he who desires peace, let him prepare for war")" from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius (Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus)