Happy Hour

"IF A LIFETIME CAN BE LIKENED TO A DAY, THEN THIS IS HAPPY HOUR!"
BUCK PENNINGTON

Mother, Mother Ocean

Mother, Mother Ocean, I've heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall
You've seen it all, you've seen it all
Watched the men who rode you, switch from sails to steam
In your belly you hold the treasures, few have ever seen
Most of 'em dream, most of 'em dream
Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred year's too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

Yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
―Yoda, to Luke Skywalker

Counted the Stars

Counted the stars on the 4th of July
Wishing we were rockets bursting in the sky
Talking about redemption and leaving things behind
I have these pictures and I keep these photographs
To remind me of a time
These pictures and these photographs
Let me know I'm doin' fine
We used to be so happy once upon a time
Once upon a time
But the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line
And the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line


""SOME SEE A GLASS AS HALF FULL, SOME SEE IT AS HALF EMPTY, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO’S DRINKING MY RUM."
Rumbear

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Catching up and such

Sorry for the lapse to my few followers. It has been an intense week. Being the only WG-10 Crew Chief had me living on the flight line this past week. And Monday and Tuesday out here were windy and very cold! Yes! Very Cold in The Desert! Winter is not over, yet.
We did the, for us, unbelievable a short while back.
Direct TV. Yup. Satellite Television. Our cable service here is pretty much substandard.
Then the old Samsung CRT 27 inch set that we have had for many years went Tango Uniform. A 37 inch LCD flat screen with that 1080p thing. Don't know exactly what that is but it has a really good picture. We had a 32 inch flat screen in the bedroom prior to the move to the Mojave Desert.
Slowly catching up with the 21st century here at Casa De Sharon y Glenn aren't we?
Caught bits and pieces of the current goings on in DC by the worthless congress critters. Seems the Wicked Witch of the West is wanting to shove the obammycare down our throats and then find out what is in it after passage. That "woman" has a serious short between the headsets. Not to mention that any and all behaviour by her is at a minimum, sedition. I will elaborate at some later date.
As for the new fishing regs proposed by the liar-in-chief, he does have a bit of an uphill fight on his hands. Way to many of us are recreational fishermen. I still like to get a line in the water once in a while myself. And the Kern River is about an hour and a half from me. Hmmmmmmmmmmm? The boy in the white house is beginning to really piss me off, now. Or should I say, the commie bastard in the white house. In just over a year, he has brought more derision, discredit and out right contempt for the office than any of his predecessors ever have........maybe a tie with the peanut farmer. I was on active duty then. It sucked.

4 comments:

MUD said...

I kind of understood where the Peanut Farmer was coming from. The current POTUS just leaves me outside looking in. At least Jimma had a brother that loved beer and pickups as much as I did. Now that you live in Kali-Forn-ia, you can influence Nancy Pelosi-Galore at her next election. I served one winter at Fort Irwin and understand just how cold thin dry air can feel.
MUD

Buck said...

...maybe a tie with the peanut farmer. I was on active duty then. It sucked.

Me too. And it DID suck. But Jimmuh was primarily responsible for my conversion from Moonbat to rational human being. Or Ronnie. Or Both.

Congrats on the new teevee. I assume you have HD service, as well? I keep waiting for Comcast to carry Versus in HD and add some local channels, specifically NBC, so I can watch hockey in HD. SN1 tells me it's magnificent!

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

NHL Network carries Hockey Night in Canada! I get a dose of the Coach every Saturday Night! Still miss Danny Galavan and Howie Meeker, though. Childhood thing.

Buck said...

I miss HNIC, terribly. The NHL Network is yet another freakin' hole in my local Comcast lineup. Some day I'm gonna grow up and get satellite teevee.

I will not go down and tell my children I didn't have the courage, the conviction, the commitment or the character to fight for this country...Don't go home and let your children down~~ LTC Allen West

Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

‎"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.("Therefore, he who desires peace, let him prepare for war")" from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius (Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus)