Happy Hour

"IF A LIFETIME CAN BE LIKENED TO A DAY, THEN THIS IS HAPPY HOUR!"
BUCK PENNINGTON

Mother, Mother Ocean

Mother, Mother Ocean, I've heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall
You've seen it all, you've seen it all
Watched the men who rode you, switch from sails to steam
In your belly you hold the treasures, few have ever seen
Most of 'em dream, most of 'em dream
Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred year's too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

Yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
―Yoda, to Luke Skywalker

Counted the Stars

Counted the stars on the 4th of July
Wishing we were rockets bursting in the sky
Talking about redemption and leaving things behind
I have these pictures and I keep these photographs
To remind me of a time
These pictures and these photographs
Let me know I'm doin' fine
We used to be so happy once upon a time
Once upon a time
But the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line
And the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line


""SOME SEE A GLASS AS HALF FULL, SOME SEE IT AS HALF EMPTY, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO’S DRINKING MY RUM."
Rumbear

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Fucking I got today!

Courtesy of the Asswipes inside the Beltway. Chief among them is that worthless sand crawler that currently occupies the oval office.
 This is a bit of what happened today. The Sand Crawler in the White House and his minions, trolls and slugs are hosing over the Armed Forces Retirees. Sorry if the amounts are not what some would consider excessive but it is the severe increases from what it was. Percentages. And straight up, folks, we who served for long periods do not owe anyone else a damn thing anymore. Even the Sand Crawler in Chief is not good enough to kiss our asses.
I discovered my TriCare co pay for prescriptions took a near vertical rise in cost. I picked up my prescriptions today. What was a three dollar co pay for ninety days is now fifteen dollars times three medications. The other one is at twelve dollars. That was fifteen dollars for what was eighteen dollars before. Seems that someone inside the Beltway is out to hose over all Armed Forces Retirees. That is the only thing I can surmise. Why do all of you who support the CinC, blindly, hate us so? It is the only thing I can gather from this. WE ARE OWED! Regardless of what we do for a living. I do make a good living. But this boils down to right versus wrong. These benefits were EARNED doing what the ordinary American would not or in case of my generation refused to do. I include most of the Congress in that as well. 

Polite but blunt. I called Congressman McCarthy's office in Bakersfield and got a staffer. The paperwork is enroute to the house. I also left voicemails with my senators. Those stirling witches we are saddled with, Babs and Dumb Diane. I was polite but let my irritation and anger show. 
The promise..........broken. I will never pop tall at attention for any office holder ever again. Never. I will insult their ancestory, call them vile names but never, ever show anything resembling respect, again.

4 comments:

Buck said...

Why don't you get your prescriptions at the EAFB pharmacy? No co-pays, no hassles, just filled prescriptions and friendly service. At least that's how it is here at Cannon Airplane Patch. I've never used a civilian pharmacy... even when I was on Tri-Care before converting to Medicare... and I still don't.

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

It was due to the convenience.....just down the road and three bucks each was no big deal. But that amount yesterday is a half tank in the Titan!
Called the pharmacy and they have all four in the correct dosages. Called my doc's office in Tehachapi and got the RXes headed to the house via the US Snail Mail!!!!!
There is one I have to get in town........Levitra. Had that spinal injury nine plus years ago. And the age thing figures in sometimes! The Missus gets one of here Diabetes meds at the civilian pharmacy. The AF at Eddie's Airplane Patch does not carry it either.

Buck said...

I wondered about the availability of certain drugs after I posted my comment. I guess my ailments are all pretty common!

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

Fosomax(Osteoporosis), Pravastatin Sodium(Cholesterol), Nexium and Chlorthalidone(BP)
There is a fairly large retired community in the AV.

I will not go down and tell my children I didn't have the courage, the conviction, the commitment or the character to fight for this country...Don't go home and let your children down~~ LTC Allen West

Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

‎"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.("Therefore, he who desires peace, let him prepare for war")" from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius (Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus)