More on that later though…
Today was the last clinical day and I cannot say HOORAY loudly enough to make it clear how glad I am that pediatric clinicals are over.
Now, back to the title. I was at a day care again today. Day care in general tries my patience, because there is zero discipline at them. Little Billy could bite Little Susie’s ear off and he’d get a “stern talking to”. They can’t even stand the kids in the corner for misbehavior anymore and boy, those shitheads rays of sunshine know it. Today was a bit different than the other days, as I was at a different facility. It was an amazing place- amazing in the fact that only the little white kids did wrong. Seriously, during the entire day, all of the children acted like drunken squids, but only (and yes, I do mean ONLY) the little white kids were called down for their behavior. I raised an eyebrow at that about one hour into the day. Susie & LaQuinettaLaShequaDominiquatisa could have been doing the same thing & Susie was the one to get her ass reamed out over the transgression.
All of the kids were suffering from EXTREME Hickory Deficiency, but the kids doing some of the worst things were overly praised, while others were chewed out for “smacking while eating”.
I was not amused.
I heard a lot of interesting stuff though, especially when it was “Learning Time”. This month’s theme is Africa, The Greatest Nation. (I shit you not. One child mentioned Hawaii & the “teacher” said, “We’re not talking about Hawaii & anyway, Africa is way better than Hawaii!”.)
I learned some new stuff today and although I might be racist, not only in the way I mention it, but by mentioning it at all, here goes-
1) Africa is made up entirely of islands. There are no countries, just islands.
2) There is (and this is a real quote) “not a lot of climate over there because it’s too hot”.
3) Africans are famous for their paintings and contest dancing.
4) There is a “good Africa” and a “not good Africa”. In “not good Africa”, the houses all have skraw roofs.
5) Chickens and hens are not related to one another.
6) In America, we celebrate New Years Day with fireworks everywhere.
7) They have a different heritage of police. ???
8 ) Their favorite game to play is chest.
9) African jury is made with two colors. (Jury=jewelry)
10) Two lakes run through the entire country, not continent. At this point, the “teachers” began to argue. The 2nd one said the first one meant Oceans, not lakes. They argued for a little while until I suggested they both meant RIVERS.
Now I feel so much brighter. I cannot believe that all the geography teachers who taught me over the years were so stupid!
Hope you feel brighter, too.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go soak my head in the toilet for a little while.