Happy Hour

"IF A LIFETIME CAN BE LIKENED TO A DAY, THEN THIS IS HAPPY HOUR!"
BUCK PENNINGTON

Mother, Mother Ocean

Mother, Mother Ocean, I've heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall
You've seen it all, you've seen it all
Watched the men who rode you, switch from sails to steam
In your belly you hold the treasures, few have ever seen
Most of 'em dream, most of 'em dream
Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred year's too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

Yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
―Yoda, to Luke Skywalker

Counted the Stars

Counted the stars on the 4th of July
Wishing we were rockets bursting in the sky
Talking about redemption and leaving things behind
I have these pictures and I keep these photographs
To remind me of a time
These pictures and these photographs
Let me know I'm doin' fine
We used to be so happy once upon a time
Once upon a time
But the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line
And the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line


""SOME SEE A GLASS AS HALF FULL, SOME SEE IT AS HALF EMPTY, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO’S DRINKING MY RUM."
Rumbear

Monday, March 15, 2010

2010 Census and other Rants

I got it today and filled it out. It is in the mailbox for pick up tomorrow.
Overloaded to the hispanic, asia-pacific and african american side. I used large heavy x's to mark the White and Non-Hispanic blocks. The Old Retired Petty Officer takes umbrage to anything from any portion of the DC idiocracy that requires me to fill in the blanks. Since in the view of the current occupant of 1600 and his minions, I do not count. Over 50, white, retired from the Armed Forces and still working a job. Yes, I am a federal employee. But I have skills and knowledge for what  I do that the average person does not. Pure and Simple. Sorry for those who think they are owed a civil service job. I earned the shot at it. 
Rant? Damn Straight. I make no apologies for anything I say. Including  berating the Department of Defense when it is required. 
And tonight the Wicked Witch of The West is working hard to keep to the commie agenda that she and the likes of clinton, wax man, boxer, feinstein, reid, and the rest of that garbage are pushing in support of the communist in chief at 1600.

4 comments:

MUD said...

Man, all I did was poke a little fun of hockey. I was a career Civil Service employee and a member of the National Guard for over 30 years. Be proud of your job and do your best. I salute you and your job. But, hockey?
There will be a crimp in your Social Security when you try to dray all three retirements. In the long run, I am happy as a clam with what I am drawing.

MUD

Fredd said...

Oh, no, Chief. I think you goofed up (or in MILSPEAK, this would be a SNAFU). I filled my census sheet out also, but marked for all the members of my household race as 'other' and filled in 'AMERICAN' in all caps.

By filling in the box that confirms you are an old white guy, you can bet that the census people will ensure that because you already have way too many resources at your disposal, you and your district will have additional resources taken from you evil white folks and given to more deserving 'other than caucasian' census filler-outers.

There is no other logical reason why they need to know what race anyone is.

MUD said...

At one time the Census told about the jobs people had. It was kind of neat to look them over to find family members in the 1800's. Now, it is just the government' way of finding out more than we want to tell. MUD

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

The old white guy is prepared to deal with the shit sucking traitor at 1600 and his minions in any fashion there illegitimate behaviour requires. Preferably one on one, stripped to the waist. And I really want a piece of that worthless fuck, axelrod. By his necktie and fists pounding his worthless face to mush.

I will not go down and tell my children I didn't have the courage, the conviction, the commitment or the character to fight for this country...Don't go home and let your children down~~ LTC Allen West

Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

‎"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.("Therefore, he who desires peace, let him prepare for war")" from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius (Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus)