Happy Hour

"IF A LIFETIME CAN BE LIKENED TO A DAY, THEN THIS IS HAPPY HOUR!"
BUCK PENNINGTON

Mother, Mother Ocean

Mother, Mother Ocean, I've heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall
You've seen it all, you've seen it all
Watched the men who rode you, switch from sails to steam
In your belly you hold the treasures, few have ever seen
Most of 'em dream, most of 'em dream
Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred year's too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

Yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
―Yoda, to Luke Skywalker

Counted the Stars

Counted the stars on the 4th of July
Wishing we were rockets bursting in the sky
Talking about redemption and leaving things behind
I have these pictures and I keep these photographs
To remind me of a time
These pictures and these photographs
Let me know I'm doin' fine
We used to be so happy once upon a time
Once upon a time
But the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line
And the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line


""SOME SEE A GLASS AS HALF FULL, SOME SEE IT AS HALF EMPTY, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO’S DRINKING MY RUM."
Rumbear

Sunday, February 21, 2010

obammy, pelousi and dirty harry healthcare package requires me to buy

Since when is it the prerogative and directive of an empty suited, low end, communist cinc to require me to buy health insurance? Along with the wicked witch of the bay area and one of the worst legislators in the history of The Republic.

Just to be up front, I do have health insurance provided to me. It is called Tri-Care. And I get it as a direct result of my twenty years of Service to The Republic. It has been paid for, in ways most of the population would not or could not understand. Fair Enough?

But, having giving this Country the best twenty years of my life, I find the behaviour of the cinc and his gang to be out right reprehensible and a slap in the face to every Citizen out here who does work and does not rely on the largess of his fellows. It is what the dear reader-dirt bag desires, is it not? Along with the afore mentioned wicked witch of the bay area and dirty harry.

BTW, folks, the cancer fun and games I went through last year are covered by Tri-Care. I have to pay off the 3,000 dollar copay/deductible under the catastrophic part. It gets a monthly for it.

So, it is up to us to have our voices heard. There is a possibility that enough noise from us can make the difference.

Oh. I don't owe anyone, anything, anymore. That account has been taken care of. Effective on 30 September 1993.

7 comments:

kc said...

Your "insurance" is not provided for you from the Great And Powerful BarryO. First, you did your part and served your country. We also pay a small premium every year for Tricare "Prime" - and some little co-pays, which I have NO trouble with. One hospital visit for the ol man a couple years back didn't cost a nickel - it was NavHospJax - man, am I glad THAT'S the closest hospital!

It is unConstitutional to require the People to BUY insurance that is required by the government. THAT is unconscionable and disgusting...not that the CongressWeasels care, it helps 'em get elected next time if they "provide" s'more stuff for their constituents.

Going for my every-few-years trip to the roto-rooter (south AND north, this time) on Thursday. Twenty five bucks, thanks to twenty-two years of service from my husband.

Life Is Good.

MUD said...

I am keeping both Tri-Care and a BC&BS policy for a while. We have a nice little cash reserve so I should should drop the BC&BS policy and risk Tri-Care naked. In a couple of years, I won't have a choice. Oh well. MUD

Fredd said...

Any mandate by the feds that we buy anything will have to stand up to judicial scrutiny, and something like this crap will likely go down in flames upon review as unconstitutional. Or at least it should.

Of course, we all said that about McCain Feingold and Kelo vs New London...

Barco Sin Vela II said...

I do the TRICARE Standard deal. I save from having to pay Prime's annual fee and can use whichever Doctor office I like without having to get permission from the local Naval Hospital.

Works out for me, YMMV.

Stay healthy, Glenn!

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

On Tricare. I have standard and have no major armed forces medical facilities nearby. The clinic at Edwards doesn't even have an ER. The flight clinic does have emergency services but for the operational side only. Almost every clinic and practitioner in the Antelope Valley takes Tricare without any problem.

Anonymous said...

I, too, went the Tricare Prime route, though Johns Hopkins Uniformed Services Family Health Plan. The only thing we paid for my late wife's two year battle with breast cancer was the $12 visit co-pays, and $3 and $9 prescriptions. Plus the $430 per year. AW1 (ret)

Nina said...

Lucky you to already have insurance. I was born with a heart defect, and I've had to live with it and no insurance for 30 years. People like you have told me if I can't afford to take care of myself I should die. I don't call that very American.

I will not go down and tell my children I didn't have the courage, the conviction, the commitment or the character to fight for this country...Don't go home and let your children down~~ LTC Allen West

Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

‎"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.("Therefore, he who desires peace, let him prepare for war")" from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius (Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus)