Happy Hour

"IF A LIFETIME CAN BE LIKENED TO A DAY, THEN THIS IS HAPPY HOUR!"
BUCK PENNINGTON

Mother, Mother Ocean

Mother, Mother Ocean, I've heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall
You've seen it all, you've seen it all
Watched the men who rode you, switch from sails to steam
In your belly you hold the treasures, few have ever seen
Most of 'em dream, most of 'em dream
Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred year's too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

Yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
―Yoda, to Luke Skywalker

Counted the Stars

Counted the stars on the 4th of July
Wishing we were rockets bursting in the sky
Talking about redemption and leaving things behind
I have these pictures and I keep these photographs
To remind me of a time
These pictures and these photographs
Let me know I'm doin' fine
We used to be so happy once upon a time
Once upon a time
But the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line
And the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line


""SOME SEE A GLASS AS HALF FULL, SOME SEE IT AS HALF EMPTY, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO’S DRINKING MY RUM."
Rumbear

Monday, July 07, 2014

Manzanar-6 July 2014

Manzanar
One of our 10 Concentration Camps utilized during WWII to hold approximately 110,000 "Internees" who were Issei and Nesei Japanese Americans.
We were supposed to be the "Good Guys" for crying out loud.
The process was similar to that used by Germany in the "Resettlement" of the Jews and others deemed to be a detriment to Germany but on a much smaller scale. A Jew, no matter how pious or rebellious will see the similarities.
I understand the pretense was under the guise of War Time Security.
Yes, I did use the term, Concentration Camps.
 Taken from Wikipedia: "Manzanar has been referred to as a "War Relocation Center," "relocation camp," "relocation center," "internment camp", and "concentration camp", and the controversy over which term is the most accurate and appropriate continues to the present day."
I did get a bit choked up at times while in the Old Auditorium, now museum..................interperative center.
I simply ask that the reader simply take a look at the pictures and decide for themselves.
























































2 comments:

Buck said...

The "relocation centers" are a SERIOUS blemish on our history.

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

That they most certainly are.
That being said, it was an interesting experience.

I will not go down and tell my children I didn't have the courage, the conviction, the commitment or the character to fight for this country...Don't go home and let your children down~~ LTC Allen West

Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

‎"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.("Therefore, he who desires peace, let him prepare for war")" from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius (Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus)