You don't know me
You don't like me
You say you care less how I feel
How many of you would sit and judge me
Ever walked the Streets of Bakersfield...............
From the Kern County Desert....
Observations....
Commentary....
Small essays and other things that come to mind or suit me at the time.
All are welcome here, to my world, such that it is.
A walking contradiction, partly truth, mostly fiction,
taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home......The Pilgrim Chapter 33
I have become..........Comfortably Numb...
He lives in the Islands and fishes the pilings and drinks his Green Label each day..........

Serenity

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me

There's no place I can be
Since I've found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me

Counted the Stars

Counted the stars on the 4th of July
Wishing we were rockets bursting in the sky
Talking about redemption and leaving things behind
As the sun sinks west of the Mendocino county line


Thursday, December 20, 2012

Polish air force retires last An-2 transport

This was at Flight Global.
I do get to see one of these at Edwards AFB from time to time. It shows up for the USAF Test Pilot School.
These are amazing airplanes. Sixty years of service!
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/picture-polish-air-force-retires-last-an-2-transport-380353/



Polish air force Antonov An-2

2 comments:

Buck Pennington said...

One wonders just how many AN-2s are still in service. I KNOW there are more than a few DC-3s still flying and that plane is much older than the AN-2. The Wiki has an excellent article on the AN-2, as well.

Glenn Cassel said...

When the AF Test Pilot School uses one, it has to be good!

I will not go down and tell my children I didn't have the courage, the conviction, the commitment or the character to fight for this country...Don't go home and let your children down~~ LTC Allen West

Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

‎"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.("Therefore, he who desires peace, let him prepare for war")" from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius (Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus)