Happy Hour

"IF A LIFETIME CAN BE LIKENED TO A DAY, THEN THIS IS HAPPY HOUR!"
BUCK PENNINGTON

Mother, Mother Ocean

Mother, Mother Ocean, I've heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall
You've seen it all, you've seen it all
Watched the men who rode you, switch from sails to steam
In your belly you hold the treasures, few have ever seen
Most of 'em dream, most of 'em dream
Yes, I am a pirate, two hundred year's too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late

Yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
―Yoda, to Luke Skywalker

Counted the Stars

Counted the stars on the 4th of July
Wishing we were rockets bursting in the sky
Talking about redemption and leaving things behind
I have these pictures and I keep these photographs
To remind me of a time
These pictures and these photographs
Let me know I'm doin' fine
We used to be so happy once upon a time
Once upon a time
But the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line
And the sun sank west of the Mendocino County Line


""SOME SEE A GLASS AS HALF FULL, SOME SEE IT AS HALF EMPTY, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO’S DRINKING MY RUM."
Rumbear

Friday, June 08, 2012

Minor Changes

I have taken my name off F-16AM 80-3666. It is still in the "forms" as assistant crew chief. At work I will here in refer to said aircraft as Roy's jet. Roy is the dedicated crew chief and has had the airplane for quite sometime.
I have been sand bagged by my pro super twice concerning 6 year landing gear changes and a phase inspection. The day shift crew chief, me, was left out of all the meetings preceding both events. I spend very little time doing much real maintenance. I am a grade lower than all the other crew chiefs and most of my time is on the line.
I have had the forms/cams thing dumped on me at the end of the day when we have washed an airplane. I always wonder why I am suddenly the one in charge when it is others who are designated.
So as a mild statement of displeasure, I took my name off the airplane.
I have also applied on USA Jobs for a position at Naval Air Station Lemoore CA. It is at the Fleet Readiness Center there and a grade 10 position. It pays less than what I am making now as it is a 'lower cost of living area'.
Additionally, I have explored the possibility of returning to the ballast trains.
The unit I work in is a civilian operation and "not like the real Air Force" That being said most of the management and supervision is prior Air Force and only one was ever an NCO.
Rant Complete.

2 comments:

Buck said...

Wow. NOT good, Glenn, to say the very least. I hope things begin looking up for ya.

Glenn Mark Cassel said...

I have a WL who is a twelve year old who the calendar says is 32. The pro super is in his forties and did nine years and got out as a Senior Airman.
Those of us who did much longer and were E5 and E6 NCOs and POs are the workers.
I still have a passion for airplanes but some of them I work for are not in the same league as a lot of us who turn the wrenches.
It is an interesting dichotomy, to say the least.
So as a result, I have begun to explore other possibilities.

I will not go down and tell my children I didn't have the courage, the conviction, the commitment or the character to fight for this country...Don't go home and let your children down~~ LTC Allen West

Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

‎"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.("Therefore, he who desires peace, let him prepare for war")" from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius (Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus)